Re: Parts washer solution

To: Geoff Branch <branch@valinet.com>
Subject: Re: Parts washer solution
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 21:46:48 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I have a 20 gallon parts washer, but I cheated on the 20 gallon part.  I use
"Super
Agitene" solvent from Grainger.  The stuff works great but is kinda pricey -
$45 for
a 5 gallon pail.  So what I did was take some empty quart size oil bottles and
fill
them with water and then put them in the bottom of the solvent tank.  This
raises
the level of the solvent high enough so that the pump is happy.  If you decide
use this solvent be sure to wear good rubber gloves as the stuff is hard on the
skin
- makes your fingers "tingle" if you forget the gloves.

Rick
'59 Sprite