Re: Parts washer solution

To: "Geoff Branch" <branch@valinet.com>
Subject: Re: Parts washer solution
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:01:28 -0500
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
My $.02 is use Varsol, a standard and cheap petroleum distillate,
that is not that tough on your hands. Can you imagine washing
small parts with gloves on.

You should visualize the usage - software before hardware. Carb
parts vs suspension parts etc.

I put the real gunky stuff through a separate Dunk prewash and try
to keep my parts washer away from the real dirty work. Then its
always there at a flip of a switch ready to go. I hate changing
the drum. For aggressive cleaning I set up a separate special
purpose operation. GM Upper Cylinder Combustion Cleaner in
particular does well with gas varnish and scum deposits.

BTW the local gas station that takes my used oil also takes the
used Varsol.

Shoot low they may be crawling.

Mike AN5 10426 etc