Re: A wierd one for ya... (Chock full o' LBC)

To: cartman@dnai.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: A wierd one for ya... (Chock full o' LBC)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 11:13:01 EST
In a message dated 2/15/00 9:48:44 PM Eastern Standard Time, cartman@dnai.com
writes:

<< Here's one for the mechanical engineers on the list.  I don't know if
anyone
 has this statistic, but what is the total square footage of the paintable
 surface area of a Sprite?  After getting sticker shock on getting quotes on
 having my Sprite stripped to bare metal and painted, I've decided to do most
 of the prep work myself and have the shop shoot the final layers on.   I've
 tried painting one before, and if you've seen my dad's Sprite, you'll know
 why I'm letting a pro do it!!!<grin, sorry, Dad>  I'd like to get a handle
 on how much in supplies I'll need based on the surface area.  Any ideas?

 Greg Gowins  (aka Schemp, Cartman, The Great Cornholio, and many other
 pseudonyms) >>

I can't help much with paint costs, but keep in mind that you'll need less
paint if you leave blank spots and fill them in later with stickers.  And
everybody knows that cars go faster with stickers, and the extra speed is
directly related to the number of stickers!

And BTW, Shemp Howard spelled his name without a C.

Allen Hefner (Friend of the Real Larry.)
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport