Re: A wierd one for ya... (Chock full o' LBC)

Subject: Re: A wierd one for ya... (Chock full o' LBC)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 13:02:04 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Fellow listers,
I have never heard a good report on dipping.

I have conversed with respected Healey restorers that tell of stories of major
paint
adhesion problems Years after completion.

In addition, it is my understanding that no matter how much draining and
neutralizing is done subsequent to the dipping process, some amount of material
still oozes from seams.

On the last car I did, the body panels were chemically stripped by hand and the
floors, engine bay and underside were carefully sandblasted.

Seven years have gone by and the car is still in the pink. :-)

jjf