Electronic Ignition dizzy

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Electronic Ignition dizzy
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 17:31:37 -0800
Can anyone offer some advice regarding the electronic ignition distributor
in the 1500 Midge? My attempts to start the '75 were foiled by the fact
that I could get no spark. The coil seems to be fine as are all the
connections as far as I can tell. I get voltage at the coil, the resistor
gets warm, but no spark at the plugs. I checked the air gap too. How can I
test to determine if there is  some failure with the module in the
ditributor or if something else is amiss? I didn't have the vacuum line
connected but don't know if that is relevant.

If there is a problem with the dizzy, what choices do I have as a solution?

Later, I'm going try connecting an "A" series dizzy just to see if I can
get a spark out of that.

Thanks.

Gerard

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux