Re: Electronic Ignition dizzy

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>, Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition dizzy
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 21:27:11 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Trevor,

Thanks for the tip. The thought occured to me, but it seemed to far-fetched
to be a realistic possibility. I have spent the last couple months
refurbishing this car and finally got to the point of cranking the thing
over today, only to realize that my attempt to check out the engine was not
going to happen. I have a spare Pertronix for the "A" series dizzy, but it
doesn't look like it will fit in this distributor. I've had an Allison
XR700 (I guess this is now Crane) in my Bugeye for years and had great
service from it. If the Lucas Opus can be outfitted with a Crane, I'll go
that route. In the meantime, this will allow me to test out the engine.

Thanks!!

Gerard

At 12:11 AM -0500 2/17/00, Trevor Boicey wrote:
>Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:
>>
>> Trevor,
>>
>> Are you saying that an "A" series dizzy will work in a 1500 engine? I do
>> have a spare already.
>
>  Yes, it'll run the car, but the advance curve is
>likely all wrong. Makes a perfectly usable spare
>though.
>
>  I drove with one for weeks while I waited for
>a pertronix to arrive from the US.
>
>--
>Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
>Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca
>ICQ #17432933 http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/
>"It seems like they have names for everything nowadays!" - Ajax

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A