Re: A wierd one for ya... (Chock full o' LBC)

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: A wierd one for ya... (Chock full o' LBC)
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:35:17 -0800
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
I had my car dipped and stripped here in Los Angeles.  The car was dipped
twice.  Once
so all the welding could be done and most of the body work to bring the metal
out to
it's correct location.  It was then dipped again to remove all surface rust,
nuetralized
and BAKED at a high temperature.  The stripping chemical turned to a powder and
was
blown out with compressed air.  The car was then sealer primed
electro-chemically to
pull the sealer into all the seams and cracks.  The final bodywork was then
completed
before painting.  Don't ask what this costs.  You REALLY have to love these
cars to
spend this much.  It has been more than a year now and no sign of rust or oozing
stripper anywhere.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite
P.S. I'm very satisfied the body will outlive me, the engine, transmission, but
possibly
not my son.