Re: Ignition switch, '69

To: "Spridgets list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ignition switch, '69
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 18:00:08 -0800charset="Windows-1252"
ya that plastic cover is a pain... removing the steering column bolts gives
you a bit more free play. The whole thing is one Chinese puzzle. I broke my
original one in about 10 pieces getting it off. I found another in a junk
yard for $5 and got it on with out cracking anything. I just spent about an
hour trying different combinations and finally got it on. Cant recall
EXACTLY how but it is possible. Also don't forget to unscrew the instrument
light switch from the left hand side, that got me for a little bit.

Good luck.

Toby

who is going to design some thing better for that column plastic thing one
of these days.

1969 Austin Healey Sprite.
Practice on a rubix cube!