Bad fuel hoses from MOSS??

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Bad fuel hoses from MOSS??
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 16:22:57 -0800 (PST)
While working on the sprite this weekend, I was getting ready to fire up the
engine, when I the sound of fuel hitting the floor in my garage. I had just
turned on the key, which fired of my SU elctrical fule pump, but hadn't hit the
starter yet.
The steel braded fuel line going to my dellorto sidedraft, was leaking fuel all
over the inside of my engine bay. I tried to fix the problem by tightening my
hose clamps, but the problem would not go away.
I had two braded steel lines (with a filter) under the bonnet, both of which I
obtained from MOSS (6.5", 9.75"). These don't say petroflex, but have a steel
woven cover, with  'blue' stripes woven in.
These hoses were purchased new, and were only installed on the car, 6-8 months
ago. The inside of the hoses apprears to be rotting out, and the rubber has
become pretty stiff.
Is this typical???, what kind of fuel line should I be using??

 - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
 San Jose, CA