Re: Problem running

To: Shawn Knight <eybdoogy@earthlink.net>, "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problem running
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 14:24:59 -0600
Shawn Knight wrote:

> Take the lids off the float bowls and make sure there is fuel in both of them.
> In my experience, engines that run well at idle for a few seconds and then
> die without explaination are getting very little fuel.
>
> When the engine is running, does it run well?  If it does, I doubt timing is
>your
> problem.
>
> Shawn

        I got good clicking from the fuel pump when I first started it, so I
didn't check that. I'm going to a thinner dashpot oil, anyway, so I'll
certainly make sure when I get back to the car. Thanks.
--

1987 RX-7 TII: Stops making power at about 7000 rpm.
1990 GS 500-E: Starts making power at about 7000 rpm.

-