Re: This Isuzu Trooper Starter Conversion Thing

To: "Graziano, Michael" <michael.graziano@csfb.com>
Subject: Re: This Isuzu Trooper Starter Conversion Thing
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:28:41 -0500
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Well Mike, I've seen one that was bolted on to a 1275 Midget. Bob
Spruck has one. As he detailed in a post to the list last week, the
starter is a straight bolt on but does require some hammering of the
outer skin of the right footwell. I visited his shop to see this and
take photos. I ended up not taking photos because the visual
difference is so slight that I did not think that it would come out
in a photo. I don't know if this qualifies as a _reliable_ source or
not - Bob's reliable, I'm pretty fuzzy!

Hope this helps,

Jeff

At 3:34 PM -0500 3/28/00, Graziano, Michael wrote:
>OK.
>
>Who knows anything about this conversion?  Bolt in?  I've heard reference a
>few times now.
>
>A _reliable_ source tells me that he looked at the '89-'91 and '92-'96 Isuzu
>Trooper V6 starters and that there's no way they would work as a bolt in GR
>conversion.
>
>So what's the deal?
>
>Mike

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu