RE: Lurkers / New List Members / Silent Majority

To: "Terry Williams" <t.williams@mrg.ca>
Subject: RE: Lurkers / New List Members / Silent Majority
Date: 05 Apr 2000 23:47:30 +1000
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>

> Awwlrightie then...
> Okay,
> Here's a challenge.
> How about if each member of the silent majority "offers up" a short bio of
> yourselves including:
> 1) What you own or would like to own,
> 2) Why you are interested in Spridgets,
> 3) You past experience(s) with Spridgets or Brit cars
> 4) anything else
> Terry Williams
> Halifax, Nova Scotia

Lurker from Melbourne writes:-
short bio..
Kevin Hardie from Melbourne Australia, 30 years old, father of 2 girls  ,
Menswear
proprietor,car junkie from way back in my early teens.
1)Currently drive a '92 Mitsubishi Pajero 4x4or SUV as you call them, looking
for a project
car a '65-'67 mark IIIa Sprite(YAGN8 or YHGN8) ,  I love the look of the
earlier Bugeye,
but I want a daily driver so the wind up widows and a few mod cons are
appealing. Maybe I
will end up with a bit of both , who knows.
2)  and 3)Interest in Spridgets started when I was young and LBC's appealed to
me , but I
could only afford a Japanese small coupe( Spridgets were and are not cheap
here) so I
purchased a Mazda R100 for US$200 in 1983...the R100 was the first  rotary
powered
vehicle to be imported into Australia in any real numbers. Some 7 more small
rotaries
followed before I had a family and moved into "people mover mode" and bought
the 4x4.
While looking for a project car late last year, a friend found a Sprite on the
Internet at
www.intercar.com.au and a forgotten love was rekindled.
For those interested I have a good knowledge of rotary powered vehicles and
engines
,would be happy to help if anyone needs it.....( perhaps someone interested in
doing an
engine swap ????)
4)Favorite beer....Steinlager       Favorite cat.... a flat one    Favorite
thread... performance
mods(engine, suspension , the current carb thread has been interesting)

And to all those who contribute , I salute your efforts , you are like tribal
elders , showing the
rest of us  how it is, and  should, be done.
Thanks for all your input.
Kevin Hardie

    __o_\__
DIFO 60's sprite