Re: More electrical

To: Chris Kotting <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Subject: Re: More electrical
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2000 09:52:29 -0400
Cc: Swift Justice <samesq@pacbell.net>, Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris Kotting wrote:

> Hmmmm.  I'm surprised that you didn't at least have a pair of captive
> nuts in the firewall.
>
> Allen, the ones I saw are about 2 1/4 inches apart, laid out
> horizontally about 1 inch down from the loop of fuel vapor tubing, and
> look like they maybe take a 10-24 screw.  (All measurements are strictly
> by eyeball.)  They're above the fuse box.  Is that the mounting point?
>
> Perhaps there's something >else< bolted in there on the California cars,
> or the spot is covered with other stuff.

Chris,

I have the same two captive nuts on the fire wall.  But the thing Allen
is talking about is a couple of inches to the left, almost against the
bonnet hinge.  Of course my is missing and I only have an outline of dirt
and rust on the firewall.  Try taking another look, look to the left of the
nuts, running parallel to the hinge.  I almost missed the outline since I
saw the two captive nuts.  Anybody else with a 77 Midget want to take a
look?

Bill

PS.  This is really starting to make me wonder.