Re: A question of value

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, fatboy@metro.net
Subject: Re: A question of value
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 09:50:20 -0700 (PDT)
Bill and Cindy,

I just happen to check what a new floor pan runs and replacements for the
bottoms of the pillars in Moss, and you are looking at less than $120 for all
the preformed sheetmetal.
Keep in mind that floor replacement is  'Non Cosmetic' body work, and can
probably be done by you if you have access to a welder. You can then leave just
the pillars to a competent body shop.
Like I said before, if the sills and the main structure are solid, it sounds
like a pretty good deal to me. From my experience, it would be pretty rare to
find a bugeye that didn't have rusty floors, In fact, the first tub I looked at
looked solid until, I started knoking on the floor with my knuckles, and then
it
started falling apart.
What will nickel and dime you to death is finding all the orginal little pieces
(ie - tachdrive generator, switches, knobs, fittings), so if these are there,
you have a much better start than I did.

Regards - Bryan (59-bugeye)
San Jose, CA