Acceleration Woes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Acceleration Woes
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:25:07 EDT
Dear List,
  I've just signed on today and, after reading the rules, pose this curious
problem.
I have replaced my standard Exhaust ZS carb on a '77 Midget.  Before this the
care ran average, no serious problems.  Now with exhaust headers and free
flow system combined with a Webber Carb the car "bogs down" at 3400 RPM.  If
there is sudden demand for fuel, i.e., step on it hard, fuel exits the top of
the carb.  A removal of aft section of exhaust or switching carbs produces to
change.  Any ideas? With the WX here in NM great I want to drive faster than
30 mph.

Thanks in advance,
Lee Collins