Re: Acceleration Woes

To: spridgets@autox.team.net, WLEECOLL@aol.com
Subject: Re: Acceleration Woes
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 10:27:36 -0700 (PDT)
Lee,

-Have you checked to see if there is a leak between the new intake manifold,
and
the head??
-What about your distributor vacumme advance, did you just disconnect it, if
so,
you might need to replace the distributor with non-vacuum type, or have your
old
one recurved.
-'DCOE out of the box' have you check the jet settings, it could be that it
isn't jetted properly for your application from the factory.
-Also keep in mind that DCOE's don't perform that well at lower speeds, and
don't provide maximum torque untill you reach hight RPM with them wide open. If
it was set up for 'racing' it probably won't work well on the street. You will
need to fit smaller venturies, jet's etc. for proper street performance.
- I have a reference book for tuning Webber's and Dellorto's, and I can check
the recommended DCOE setup for your engine (I'm assmuning it's a 1500), if you
can give some more details.

Regards - Bryan Vandiver (59-bugeye)
San Jose, CA