Re: Acceleration Woes

To: Daniel1312@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, Ajhsys@aol.com
Subject: Re: Acceleration Woes
Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2000 22:16:24 EDT
Brad, Allen, and everyone else,
  First, thanks to everyone who has been kind enough to respond.  After only
one day of this I feel like I've found some great people.
  My '77 Midget still suffers from this strange effect.  The Carb is a Weber
DVG, the exhaust and headers are from MG Owners Club.  Both were put on at
the same time.
  The Car idles and runs like a top, up until 3400 RPM then it begins to
blow, and I mean blow, fuel out the top of the carb.  I thought the exhaust
was backing up, but removal didn't change anything except my hearing.
  The plan now is to replace the intake and carb with the original and see
what happens.  If no luck there I'll try the exhaust.  Any other help is
greatly appreciated. It was 78 degrees here in New Mexico today, and I only
live 4 miles from RT 66. Cry, Cry, Cry

Cheers,
Lee