Re: bugeye

To: "RangerCRS" <RangerCRS@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Re: bugeye
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 20:28:40 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Craig,  I have an original 61 bug-i that has never been modified, original
paint and interior.  The motor and transmission are both restored to a very
high show standard.  948cc, H1 SU's, Lever type fuel pump, steel water pump,
smoothcase transmission, jack, tool kit, ect.
        It was my plan to get the mechanicals restored and running good then
pull them and restore the body and interior so when I did the final assembly
the car was done.
        I am the second owner of the car and it has always been garaged in
So Cal or Nevada so there is very little rust and no rust out of any of the
main panels.
        I drive the car a couple of times a year.  It runs great but does
need to be restored (other then the engine\ trans).  I think this is the
best Bug-i in the US as a Gold level restoration project.
        I have over $3500 in the engine/trans and want $6000 for the car.
You can get a nice bug-i for that amount but to restore one for show it
would be hard to beat as the tub can run 5-8k alone to restore if rusty.
        I'm working on another project right now but when done will be
getting digital pictures and placing ads in Hemmings and other national
papers in the next few months.
        The car is located in Reno and will be sold this summer.
        Crash