Re: www.healey.org

To: RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: www.healey.org
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 14:19:11 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Robert,

As Reid wrote in response to a similar criticism, the Sprite
information was in prep this weekend. Having produced other
enthusiast websites on a volunteer basis, I know that it's easy to
get excited when large chunks get finished and you want to let the
world know. Sometimes people associated with the unfinished pages
feel left out. I guess the AHUSA should've added a "Coming Soon" bit
for the Sprites. The Sprite info is still not up, but I would be
surprised if it wasn't added soon as many AHUSA members are Sprite
owners - including Reid. In any event, I'd be more upset if I owned a
100-6; the comments there seem a bit condescending, especially since
the power problems were addressed and many if not most cars have been
retrofitted with better ported heads, etc at this point.

In any event, it's a beautiful site with good navigation.

Jeff

At 1:08 PM -0400 4/10/00, RBHouston@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 04/08/2000 4:16:40 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>AHCUSA@excite.com writes:
>
><< http://www.healey.org >>
>

>Reid,
>
>Thanks for the offer, but I just spent a few minutes looking over the web
>page and obviously the only time you could spell the word spridget was when
>you addressed this e-mail.
>
>Why would you ask a group a people to join a club that so obviously ignores
>the fact that their cars were ever manufactured.
>
>Best hold back on the invitations, lest a group from here join, get voted
>into office and decide to delete big healeys from the offerings.
>
>Thanks anyway, I do love big healeys, but you've done nothing to dispell the
>notion that big healy owners (ed excepted) look down their nose at Sprite
>owners.
>
>Robert Houston...glad mine says MG...

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu