Re: www.healey.org

Subject: Re: www.healey.org
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 15:22:33 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Listers,
I view the delay in the inclusion of Sprite material on this website in several
ways.
True. It was overlooked and probably should not have been.

But, AHCUSA regularly includes Sprite material in their monthly magazine, either
in the form of reprints of period advertisements and articles and/or current
articles and tech tips.

Also, the current issue features a pic of a racing Bugeye on its cover.

It is also true that some Big Healey owners consider Spridgets a lesser sports
car. Actually, since they are two completely different cars totally unrelated
except by name and creator it is not surprising that someone interested in one
is not necessarily interested in the other.

If Spridget owners really feel that our cars are not getting the attention due
them by one or more of the Healey clubs, the only way around this is to
contribute articles, pictures, tech tips and anything else to the respective
clubs.

Awhile back, there was a similar discussion along these lines regarding Rick
Moses efforts and newsletters. Since Rick hasn't mailed another newsletter, it
is probably safe to assume that he has not received enough articles from any of
us for another mailing. (I am not pointing a finger at anyone. I am equally to
blame. I have not submitted anything either.)

Finally, in defense of AHCUSA, I must add that one must consider that, to the
best of my knowledge, almost everything that AHCUSA does is accomplished by
volunteers as opposed to the other club which has some paid positions, travel
expenses for its fat roster of officers, and other tiny perks.

I think Reid and the AHCUSA deserve some slack on this.

In closing, I would just like to add that I am not and have never been an
officer or anything other than a "member" of AHCUSA.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT