Re: importing from Canada

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: importing from Canada
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 11:38:46 -0400
Should not be  a big deal as long as its eligible. If it's a
complete car as opposed to parts I think you can get hung up. An
Alaskan bought a US made 1982 Lincoln from me and drove to the
border and was turned away flat with no recourse. It seems the US
made car for Canada was not originally built to US emissions
standards.

Take it across in parts or verify the rules for that particular
LBC. Old stuff passes - how old I dunno - but for sure pre 68.
Also wouldn't be surprised if the Brits shipped same cars to both
countries - we got their 68 emission Jags up here. But maybe
without the US DOT tag it could still be a problem.

Call your US customs people - believe it or not I've been told
they are very helpful. There is a pamphlet, but I've lost my copy.

Mike L. (info without warranties of any kind)