RE: importing from Canada

To: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>, "'Charles Christ'" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: importing from Canada
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:27:50 -0700 (PDT)
See current issue of Road and Track - they estimated a
$400,000 price tag to federalize an Elise ;-( (my
favorite car I saw in Europe).  You'd have to buy at
least 2 extras for crash testing.  Good article on
federalizing cars, BTW.

--- "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com> wrote:

> > Hi Chuck ,
> > Does this mean that I can import a new 2000 Lotus
> Elise ?   Do tell us
> > how.
> > TIA,
> >       Mark Hanna
> >       AN5
> >

> > BUT!!!!  it is my understanding that a u.s.
> citizen may import 1 car in a
> > lifetime that does not meet u.s. specifications.
> my father was
> > considering
> > purchasing a renault alpine(i believe a late 60's
> vintage) not too long
> > ago.
> > there is some provision somewhere (lots of red
> tape included) in the laws
> > allow for a once in a lifetime purchase of a non
> fedralised automobile
> > from
> > out of the country.   now where do you go to find
> this out?  i am not
> > positive.   could ask dad though(next time i see
> him, easter dinner i
> > guess).
> >

> > chuck.
> > i know nothing!..............-NOTHING!   (sgt.
> schultz, hogan's hero's)

=====
Ron Soave
"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain

Find the REAL Larry at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=64205&a=465433&p=17927032

http://invites.yahoo.com