Re: importing from Canada

To: "spidgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: importing from Canada
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 14:22:48 -0400
C'est domage....thanks to all who responded to my plea for help, but I think
it's well to impossible to import this car.   There is a US Customs website with
a lot of depressing info.  Anything 25 years   or older can waltz right in.
Anyting newer must conform to the standards the US had in effect, EPA and DOT,
at the time of manufacture.  You need to provide a letter from the manufacturer
(yeah, right) stating that the car does conform, OR you can hire a licensed
importer to bring in the car and quarantee to the US Government that he will put
the car to those specs.  Oh, yeah,  to insure no monkey business goes on, our
beloved Federales require a bond to be posted in the amount of 150% of the
purchase price of the car!!!!!  So as I spend the entire f**king day scrambling
to find enough money to pay my f**king federal income tax, I learn that the same
b**tards that are bleeding me dry are not allowing me to bring in the one
plaything that I want.  Sorry, folks, just a little venting there...

Thanks again for all the help!!!

Geoff Branch '74 Meejit  (only child-for the time being)