front anti-sway bar

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: front anti-sway bar
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:08:14 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
I just finished mounting a 9/16" front anti-sway bar on my bugeye.  The
improvement in front end handling is quite noticeable.  I drilled through
the A-pans and mounted the link brackets.  Is a re-enforcement plate really
necessary on the backside to add strength?  The metal I drilled through is
already double thickness, having the A-frame and the spring pan together at
that point.  I've got some steel plates I could drill and add on behind if
any extra strength is necessary.  My gut feeling looking at it is that it
will be strong enough.  Anyone out there have a problem with this set-up?
Please, no ancient stories of hard core racers ripping one out in a high
speed turn with giant tires.

The generic replacement polyurethane sway bar bushings and mounting brackets
from JC Whitney worked great.  Good fit to the provided holes on the Sprite.
MUCH stiffer than the stock big rubber jobs, $9.95 for the set.  Better and
cheaper!

Regards,
Glen Byrns
'59 bugeye