Re: Engine Lifting Bracket

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Engine Lifting Bracket
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 20:16:37 -0700
Brad,

I've never seen one of these on a car that I can recall. They would attach
to the valve cover bolts. Another easy way to do this is to use a bolt
though a chain at the rear of the block (top tranny bolt, right side) and a
front manifold stud. I've done it both ways. the second method gives you
more chain to adjust the angle you lifting the engine.

Gerard

>In the photo of the toolkit look at the top and you will see two identical
>brackets. That is them, I see that Vicky Brits sells them for $7.95 so I need
>to sit my butt down and place that order I keep talking about doing.   Brad
>
>Gerard Chateauvieux wrote:
>
>> Brad,
>>
>> My page 41 shows a toolkit and a wheel closeup...(??)
>>
>> Gerard
>>
>> At 8:16 AM -0500 4/15/00, Brad Fornal wrote:
>> >I was digging through my parts boxes and found one of the engine lifting
>> >brackets as shown in the OS&M page 41 (top of the left photo). Does
>> >anyone have another one that they would part with? With some of the
>> >engine work I have coming up it would be handy to have two of them and
>> >BTW exactly where are they supposed to bolt onto, anyone know??   Brad

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A