Re: Engine Lifting Bracket

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Lifting Bracket
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2000 09:13:26 -0700
Cc: DLancer7676@cs.com, pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Brad,
In addition to and beyond the Horler publication, the factory publications do
not list
lifting brackets as parts that were included in the toolkits.

However, I believe that there is a better than even chance that they were
included in
the toolkits as evidenced by the toolkits that exist with two original cars
known to me.

One car is a 1961 Leaf Green Sprite Mk I that I purchased from the original
owner which
had 24,000 miles on the odometer and was original down to the top, tires, rubber
interior, hoses, muffler, etc. etc. etc. and another 1958 Dark Green Sprite Mk
I in
similar condition owned by a friend in CT.

My Leaf Green car was purchased new, by a non-enthusiast owner and had no
optional
equipment or modifications and while I do agree that it is possible, I tend to
doubt
that the original purchaser decided to purchase engine lifting lugs separately
as the
only option at the time of purchase.

Likewise, I would think it high coincidental that the original purchaser of the
Dark
Green original spec car would have done the same. Both cars were purchased new
in CT but
at different dealerships.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT