Re: Younger Generation

To: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@dnai.com>, "Mike Maclean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Younger Generation
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:46:35 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
yeah me too! i remember my father bringing home his first mini cooper"s".  i
climbed into it and found i could see out of the windshield and touch the
pedals!  i really thought that dad had bought me a big toy car!  no kidding
here, this really happened!  when my mom amd dad told me it was my father's
new hillclimb car and it was not for me i ran to my room and laid on my bed
crying for what seemed hours!  i was devistated! i really thought it was for
me!  but my father's racing on road courses, ice(in the poconos) and
hillclimbing during my childhood was very influential in my interest in
sports cars of the 50's and 60's and my serious involvement in vintage
racing.  i thought it was normal to have a few cars(read that 5-6) in a 2
driver a family!  a ferrari and an e type from time to time and more saab's
mini's and alfa's and many other long forgotten models littered our driveway
sometimes for weeks waiting for parts to arrive from over seas.  that was
what i thought was normal!  kinda explains my place a bit huh larry?  i now
realise  that i was exposed to many things other people never have ever
heard of or will ever see(ever see a dyna panhard? dad had 2).  now i am
allowing my son 4&1/2 to venture out to help daddy.  i hope he will some day
realise what i am sharing with him, bits and pieces of history with some
practical knowledge thrown in for good measure.  and i hope 30-40 years from
now he can look back and say some of the things that i have to say about my
father.  that would warm my soul!

chuck.
showing a soft spot or 2