Re: the old switcheroo

To: RBHouston@aol.com, cfchrist@earthlink.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: the old switcheroo
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 10:46:01 EDT
In a message dated 4/17/00 5:48:43 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
RBHouston@aol.com writes:

<< << You might try a notary that doesn't try to interpret the law in their
own
  way.  Notaries are not lawyers.  (I've had this problem too.)

  Allen Hefner
  SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward >>

 You've obviously never done business in the progressive state of Louisiana.
 There a notary is appointed "for life" and must notorize all documents
 including contracts between businesses, and reads and approves the contracts
 before signing.  When the one we were using asked the fellow we were doing
 business with "are you sure you want to do this?" a almost came unglued. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - -

Never had the pleasure, thank goodness.  I was in New Orleans for Mardi Gras
once!  (Never again!)

I was speaking of Pennsylvania's notaries.  When they get that little seal,
some of them think they were appointed Supreme Court Judges!  I went to three
notaries when I bought the Midget.  The third one just took the MV-11 form
that I had already filled out, and took the money.  He never questioned
anything, and never said a word!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget