Re: Engine Lifting Bracket

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>, Spridgets <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Engine Lifting Bracket
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 07:47:34 -0400
Gerard:
It wasn't the bracket that broke - it was the valve cover stud. My design
priority was to avoid lifting the entire weight of the engine and
transmission with two relatively small head studs. Now I attach one bracket
to the manifold studs on one side and to the two bolts on the rear
generator bracket. They attachment points are strong and numerous and the
brackets are as well. To each his own, but IWFM.

Regards,

Bob Spruck
Sharpsburg, GA
' 67 Midget Vintage Racer