75 or 77

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: 75 or 77
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:34:55 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all,

Something has been bugging me...more so lately.
I'm beginning to wonder if my car is actually a 75.5
or 76.
Here are the reasons:
Wiring system was a 75 system
Seatbelt and cutoff system was also that of a 75
evap. control system that of 75
Steering wheel and column setup that of a 75

Here is the thing I need to check
The vin plate and the body plate are 77 I think the
number plate on the front cowl under the bonnet is
original but I need to write down the numbers. Is
there a way to reference the cowl plate number to the
model year?
Ultimately, It'll remain a "77" but I want to know for
my own knowledge.

Thanks in advance to all.

Dan Dwelley
77 er 75? Midget