Re: 75 or 77

To: Terry Williams <t.williams@mrg.ca>
Subject: Re: 75 or 77
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 21:46:21 -0700
Cc: "'Dan Dwelley'" <maine2me@yahoo.com>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Terry Williams wrote:

> Dan..gotcha..
>
> Went out to look for my body #, and couldn't seem to locate it!?

A few years ago I did a reasearch project on the body numbers stamped on
Spridgets. Having looked at all models from bugeye to RB midgets, I
found that all square bodied cars do have the body (chassis) ID on the
right front shock mount frame. In front of the shock, covered in grease
and filled with paint but it's there.
Bugeyes had a body number close to the chassis ID but not a match, it
was stamped on the right hand side behind the pedal box (or blanking
plate) on the right hand side. Bugeyes did NOT have the shock frame body
stamping, AN6 and on did have it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ