Re: 75 or 77

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Terry Williams <t.williams@mrg.ca>
Subject: Re: 75 or 77
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 23:24:58 -0700
Cc: "'Dan Dwelley'" <maine2me@yahoo.com>, "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Dan,

The other place that you can find the serial number on the original sheet
metal is on the right hand side floorbar, a couple inches in front of the
frame crossmember. If you lift your carpet, you will see a couple inch
rectangle cut out of the floor insulating material. If your floorboard is
not rusted out or replaced, it's there. It's usually easier to read that
the one on the shock mount to to heavy paint and road grime. I don't know
when his started, but my '68 and '75 both have this number stamped in the
floorboard.

Gerard

At 9:46 PM -0700 4/19/00, Frank Clarici wrote:
>Terry Williams wrote:
>>
>> Dan..gotcha..
>>
>> Went out to look for my body #, and couldn't seem to locate it!?
>
>A few years ago I did a reasearch project on the body numbers stamped on
>Spridgets. Having looked at all models from bugeye to RB midgets, I
>found that all square bodied cars do have the body (chassis) ID on the
>right front shock mount frame. In front of the shock, covered in grease
>and filled with paint but it's there.
>Bugeyes had a body number close to the chassis ID but not a match, it
>was stamped on the right hand side behind the pedal box (or blanking
>plate) on the right hand side. Bugeyes did NOT have the shock frame body
>stamping, AN6 and on did have it.
>
>--
>Frank Clarici
>Toms River, NJ
>Down to only 3 Sprites, 1 Midget and an A40 Farina
>http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com