Re: Still not starting...

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Still not starting...
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 16:32:06 -0400
There's a hundred ways to explain and to get the distributor
roughly right. Here's one that requires no theory.

All plugs out. Distrib cap off. Car in gear roll forward, with one
finger on the front spark plug hole till you feel a strong
pressure building up. Look at the rotor - the sparky end should be
pointing towards the direction that would coincide with the hi
tension post in the distributor cap that has the spark plug wire
going to the front cylinder.

The rotor then moves past each following post that relates to the
firing order (see manual).

Mike L
Bug, E, mga