Re: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite

To: MsJoyce@aol.com
Subject: Re: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 08:32:57 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net

MsJoyce@aol.com wrote:

> Does anyone out there know if  a 67 Sprite pass inspection for unrestricted
> plates in California?   Or can you only get "Classic" plates with whatever
> restrictions that imposes?

My '79 has its original "blue plates" on it.  My 1963 Fury has a personalized
plate, "INFURY8".  The only restriction is that if you wanted to put original
style black license plate w/ gold letters on your car, if it is later than 1962
you must show that the plate you want went with the car at sometime.  Hence,
putting a black plate back on a car that has had them swapped out is difficult
to do and having it done to a car that is brought in from out of state is
impossible.  Tried to get this past the DMV two different times with no
avail...

Steve.
'66 with black plates but no original registration= no black plates.
--
|   Steve McGee,
|   Atty. at large
|   samesq@pacbell.net
|   Spridget page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/links.html
|   Mopar page http://home.pacbell.net/samesq/mopar.html

    "Only if you are unafraid of the truth will you ever find it."