RE: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Calif. plates for 67 Sprite
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 09:03:40 -0700
        California cars with black/yellow (gold?) plates are, of course,
getting scarcer all the time...you can go months or more without seeing one.
I had always assumed that a car with those plates meant "original owner
still driving car"....or that at least it was still in the family ("my Dad
gave it to me.") I did not realize that a car could go back to the
black/yellow after wearing something newer (though as you've explained, it
looks difficult to make happen.)

        My '69 Sprite still has its black\yellow plates (yes, and I'm the
original owner) and I've always wondered when the switch to blue\yellow
happened. My plate is YXG 796...and a little math shows that's only 38,165
plates away from ZZZ 999. My guess is that the black\yellow plates never
made it past '69.

        Jim Algar