RE: Near miss....

Subject: RE: Near miss....
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 12:38:36 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Reminds me of the time I did a c 360 at 50mph on I-84 between Portland and The
Dalles in my Xj6 on Christmas morning.  I suddenly hit a patch of slush and ice
and the car slid toward the concrete divider.  The front left corner of the
bumper caught on the divider and I suddenly found myself looking at what was one
in back of me and moving backwards at the same time.  Then the rear bumper and
tire caught the same median and the car spun back around.  I finally gained
control and stopped the car.  I was expecting the car to be totalled, but the
only damage was a bent rim on one of my wheels and a slightly buckled fender
where the front bumper pushed back against it's shock.  What saved my bodywork
was the fact that the bottom edge of the median bows out enough to catch your
tires and absorb the impact rather than your body work...