Re: to Peter C., dizzy number

To: grbyrns@ucdavis.edu (Glen Byrns), spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: to Peter C., dizzy number
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 09:03:00 -0500
Glen,
        Yes...that is the number.
        Interesting. I just read a comparison (published by Moss Distributing
in a
recent flyer) between Crane/Allison optical and Pertronix Hall effect
ignition upgrades. There are many Benefits v. Drawbacks, but pertinant to
this discussion is :  Crane "Benefits... not sensitive to shaft or bushing
wear"   Pertronix "... Drawbacks... Air gap is critical, badly worn shaft
and bushings can be a problem."
        But, I don't know if your RPM dependent miss is caused by the play you
have. (yours is a Pertronix, if memory serves)
        Peter
-