Re: Another tire size thread

To: "Allen Hefner" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Another tire size thread
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 13:11:52 -0400
At one time, on the 76, I had 185 70R13's on. The only problem I had was
the tires would hit the front inner wing lip on a corner if you hit a dip
while the wheels were turned all the way. I would suspect that, but do
not know, the 205 60's are nearly the same rolling diameter. The wheel
wells are wide enough to hold them, on the back but you will likely need
a bit of offset for them to clear the fenders. On the front watch out for
the suspension. I would guess that you will want a 5" wide wheel, at
least. I think the stock is 4", at least the wires are any way and I
wouldn't pput anything over a 185/70 on them.

Larry

See Allen - I can be nice to you LOL

At this exact moment in time 4/28/00 12:39 PM, Ajhsys@aol.com made the
profound statement:

>I promise I will check the archives, but I might as well as the list,
>since you all (y'all) have nothing better to do.  A friend just gave me
>four Yokohama spec racer tires.  (Well used, but they have a few
>autocrosses left.)  The rears are 205 60R13.  Is there any chance
>they will actually fit a SWA RB Midget 1500?  Which wheels, or
>what size wheels would work?
>
>TIA,
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward