re: Another tire size thread

To: <conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com>, "Allen Hefner" <ajhsys@aol.com>
Subject: re: Another tire size thread
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:20:17 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Good point - I have never tried tires that big - I wasn't sure.

Larry
A Man is unafraid to admit he is like Sgt Schutz

At this exact moment in time 4/28/00 2:59 PM, conan@ralvm8.vnet.ibm.com
made the profound statement:

>>> 205/60x13
>
>   I'd want at least a 6" wide rim for that.  Especially for handling work.
>I don't know about RB cars, but would expect to -at least- need a panhard
>rod to keep them out of the fenders on corners.
>   FYI... Vega GT wheels are 13x6" with the correct bolt pattern.  BUT...
>they were made for cars with larger wheels studs so you have to make SURE
>the lug holes in the wheels are in very good shape to use them with stock
>Spridget studs.  You -may- also need a thin wheel spacer at one end of the
>car.
>   Ed in NC (with several -extra- Vega wheels in the shed... ;-) )

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Administrator/Manager
Neuropsychiatry Section