Re: Another tire size thread

To: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Another tire size thread
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:18:59 EDT
In a message dated 4/28/00 1:12:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu writes:

<< At one time, on the 76, I had 185 70R13's on. The only problem I had was
 the tires would hit the front inner wing lip on a corner if you hit a dip
 while the wheels were turned all the way. I would suspect that, but do
 not know, the 205 60's are nearly the same rolling diameter. The wheel
 wells are wide enough to hold them, on the back but you will likely need
 a bit of offset for them to clear the fenders. On the front watch out for
 the suspension. I would guess that you will want a 5" wide wheel, at
 least. I think the stock is 4", at least the wires are any way and I
 wouldn't pput anything over a 185/70 on them. >>

The 205 60's are for the rear.  There are two smaller tires for the front.  I
will check them tomorrow to see what size they are.

Thanks, Larry.  I take back everything I said!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport