RE: The Garage

To: "Dan O'Shea" <danoshea@idsi.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: The Garage
Date: 01 May 2000 16:41:58 +1000
Having never before restored a LBC, but having worked on many LJC's , the best
equipment
you can have must include;-
1. Hammer
2. Beer
3. Sticky plasters(Elastoplast, Band Aid etc) for when you use the hammer after
too many
beers !
So far I have been able to do most jobs with the tools listed below and I hire
big stuff like
engine hoists when needed. My toolshop has evolved over the last 15 years to
include;-
1. Angle grinder.....to remove rust from panels and rusted in bolts etc
2. A good set of sockets and spanners is essential (torquewrench included)
3. Set of heavy duty jackstands and a heavy bench vice
4. Hydraulic trolley Jacks ( 1 and 2 tonne)
5. Belt and orbital sander
6. Airless spray equipment  (good for cleaning and priming)
7. Gear pulls , bearing pulls
8. Gearbox splines and other purpose built tools.....
9. multi-meter ,soldering equipment, and general electrical tools.

Other great thing to have would be an air compresser plus all the associated
tools(blasters
sprayguns wrenches and  sanders)  an oxy set and a mig welder and an engine
hoist and
portable engine stand, but as stated previously, these things can be hire
cheaply when
needed.

    __o_\__
DIFO 60's sprite