Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#317967065: MG : Midget

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#317967065: MG : Midget
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 13:49:12 -0700 (PDT)
Hey, hey, hey- we only get one "it's not original" jab
per post.  You've used up criticisms for the next 6
Ebay cars, I'm afraid.

--- Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
> Well, yeah.  Except for the parts that were Bondoed
> (sp?) and repainted, and
> the heater box that was removed, and the NOS tonneau
> cover for another
> (later) year, and the carpeted boot, and the
> aftermarket radio, and the BIG
> chrome light mounted next to the radio...shall I go
> on?
>
> As I said in another post about this car, the guy
> has only had the car for a
> year, and I don't think he knew what he was getting
> into.  It would be easy
> to interpret this car as an original...if you don't
> know what an original
> looks like.  The engine is very original.  I don't
> think the bonnet has been
> opened very much, because the right hinge was
> binding when I opened it.
>
> We revel in the maintenance our LBCs require, that's
> part of the fun of
> owning one.  This guy is now looking for a Miata,
> and he has an SUV and a
> minivan.
>
> Allen Hefner
> SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
> '77 Midget
> '92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport
>
> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

> Daylight Time, soavero@yahoo.com
> writes:
>
> << OK, I'll start - if it's "unrestored all
> original",
>  shouldn't the rockers be black?
>
>  --- type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:
>  >
>  > Listers,
>  > Here's a Midget in Southern Jersey for sale. I
> had a
>  > fellow lister look at the car and thinks it is a
>  > good value for the current bids. >>

=====
Ron Soave
"By trying we can easily learn to endure adversity. Another man's, I mean." -
Mark Twain

Find the REAL Larry at:
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/ViewPhoto?u=64205&a=465433&p=17927032