Fwd: One Pricey MGB

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: One Pricey MGB
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 01:09:31 EDT
--part1_6f.47ee406.2642600b_boundary

From Tomsaudi at aol.com
Full-name: Tomsaudi
Date: Wed, 3 May 2000 00:41:33 EDT
Subject: One Pricey MGB
To: mgs@autox.team.net

While on my way to take my Midget to  a body shop for some paint work, I
passed by one of those large indoor used car places. Out front there was a
Damask Red RB MGB, with a sign saying "Own for $150 a Month!". Semi-curious,
when I got home, I called the place up. Here's the conversation:

Me: Hello, I'm calling about the MGB roadster you have for sale. What year is
it?
Salesperson: It's a '77
Me: Miles?
Sales: 80,000 miles
Me: What are you asking for it?
Sales: The price is $9,800
I nearly pass out, but am able to find some words...
Me: Do you realize that's almost triple the going rate for that car?
Sales: Well, the car has new tires on it. Did you get a good look at the car?
Me: Yes. I thought the paint was looking dull and tired.
Sales: Oh, the car was just sandblasted and repainted. So when do you think
you would like to come in for a closer look?
Me: Well, never, considering I could buy a near mint chrome bumper B for half
the price.
Click....

>From my end, this was a cared for, original, unrestored MGB that looked
really straight, but in this market, should sell for about $3,500, tops.
Sadly, I envision a couple, after driving by and seeing the car, and actually
spending that much money without knowing anything about the going price of
that vinatge MGB. I'm disgusted.

All interested parties, please contact Napoli Indoor Used Cars in Milford,
CT. I couldn't pass this one up-just had to share with you!

Tom
78 Midget

--part1_6f.47ee406.2642600b_boundary--