PROBLEMS

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: PROBLEMS
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 01:02:25 EDT
    Well, great weather out so the sprite's back in action.  The car's been
running ok, not perfect, but it gets me where i need to go.  This afternoon I
decided to go for a drive after school.  Great.  Fill up and head out.  Car's
running the same as always.  Oh yea, it had sunoco 94 octane in it with gas
stabilizer.  Filled up with shell and put some berryman's carb/fuel system
cleaner in it.  Car ran fine for about 45 minutes.  Parked the car to go see
catch a baseball game, indians at jacob's field in cleveland.  This was
around 6 or so.  Get back at 11:30.  Jump in the car, click.  battery's dead.
 Ok new alternator last year, go figure it's lucas.  Maybe it's time for a GM
or some other one.
    Get a jump start from the night watchman.  Car starts right up.  Sounds
normal.  Back up out of the spot, no problems.  Stick it in first, drop the
clutch and ease the gas.  Sputter sputter.  backfire all that.  NO POWER.
Make it up a hill and into second, barely.  push down the gas and nothing,
the more gas the less power it seemed.  Floored and it just seemed to spin,
but no reving.  THen it died.  I was going too slow to pop the clutch and the
started wouldn't even consider spinning.
    What's the problem?  Bad gas?  Not enough voltage to get a decent spark?
Lucas haunting me again?  Wacked out carbs?  ( just rebuilt them)  Also.... i
really ran poorly when it was cold, popping and almost clicking out at times.
 Sometimes happened at sustained high rpm's.

HELP, I kinda need my car back.

Thanks
Matt Smith
'67 Sprite (kind of)