Re: PROBLEMS

To: AHSprite78@aol.com
Subject: Re: PROBLEMS
Date: Thu, 04 May 2000 01:24:18 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
AHSprite78@aol.com wrote:
>     Get a jump start from the night watchman.  Car starts right up.  Sounds
> normal.  Back up out of the spot, no problems.  Stick it in first, drop the
> clutch and ease the gas.  Sputter sputter.  backfire all that.  NO POWER.
> Make it up a hill and into second, barely.  push down the gas and nothing,
> the more gas the less power it seemed.  Floored and it just seemed to spin,
> but no reving.  THen it died.

  This sounds a lot like poor fuel flow, especially if the
idle is smooth but the car has no power and can't rev.

  Any chance your "fuel system cleaner" has released something
that now blocks your carb or fuel lines? Take off the fuel
line, aim it at a bucket, and have somebody turn the key. (assuming
electric fuel pump) See if you get a good strong flow.

  Then, try the car running, and when it dies, shut the key
off right away, as soon as you know it's about to die. Open
the float bowl lids and see if they are empty.

  This doesn't explain electrical problems though...

--
Trevor Boicey, P. Eng.
Ottawa, Canada, tboicey@brit.ca