see ya'll monday!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: see ya'll monday!
Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 21:49:36 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
4pm thursady.  all is well with the world untill i go to visit my bugeye
after it being in storage since a motor sports expo early last december.
arrrgh! it ran when i parked it!  bad cell in the battery! shazam!!! a new
batt! ok so since i need to drive it about 16-18 miles friday evening in
virginia beach(vintage race car parade from oceanna n.a.s. to beach and
back).  so since the tach drive generator i have is no good decided to put
standard generator on!  wizard of an idea!  it charges!  an oil change, and
fire it up to check oil pressure and it dies!   ran out of fuel! send friend
out to get 5 gallons of cam2 racing fuel.  so now i decide to test drive it
up the road and turn around come in yard and position it to be put on the
trailer!  i get half way up my road and a restored ford model t is coming my
way down the road on my side of the road!    FREAK OUT!!!!  ok he gets over
i just wave and think to myself "hmm that couldhave been an upseting end to
my day huh?".  i get back home and said model t is sitting in my driveway!
oh god who have i offended now i think.  the fellow introduces himself and
asks if i know how theese cars go together?  he explains he has had one
dismantled in storage for 20 years and it is a 1960 bugeye.  i'm thinking
thank god a friendly visit from a stranger.  he asks if he can stop by with
any items he is not shure of and ask questions?  my reply?  heck yeah!  i
ask him if he knows who has been running around the neighborhood with a nice
red mk1 midget?  he replies it is his!  i'm thinking, even better ,a
car-o-holic!   a true automotive enthusiast!  someone who owns a model t and
lbc's too!  oh boy i got a new car buddy in my already auto laden
neighborhood!  50 chevy convert and a 59 vette and a 51 chevy police car on
one side of my house.  37 ford street rod , 32 ford 1950's stock car, 31 or
32 buick cabriolet on other side of my house.  2 doors up restores vintage
farm tractors. catacorner across the street lives a mud racing blown small
block jeep cj.  down at the gas station (2 doors down) lives a quarter
midget.  all this and a new car buddy up the street too!!!!  oh boy!
leaving at midnight for va. beach vintage race .  catch up with all of the
antics here monday after a breif nap and some unloading of stuff and car.
be well all!  larry&allen, it's gonna be nice this weekend!  so play nice
out there!
btw! all of the above test drive their toys up my street evry so often!
neighbor comes out and waves a checkered flag when i go by on my return
pass.  i just love country living!

chuck.