Re: Lower Fulcrum pin removal?

To: dmumf@hotmail.com, nosimport@mailbag.com, DLancer7676@cs.com, LColli3554@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Lower Fulcrum pin removal?
Date: Fri, 5 May 2000 23:42:19 EDT
In a message dated 5/5/2000 10:43:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
dmumf@hotmail.com writes:

<< My question is about what to do when reinstalling the fulcrum pin in
 the new or rebuilt a-arm.  Is there a way to avoid this problem in the
 future >>

Dave--

One think you can do, which I have done, is to tap the rear fulcrum pin
bushing for a zerk fitting.  That way the rear of the pin can be greased as
well as the front.  Also regular greasing will help.  Other than that, the
thing was designed to wear along a very narrow axis, so over a period of time
the problem will reoccur.  But I think the extra zerk and more regualar
greasings will extend the life.

--David C.