New lister

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: New lister
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 10:03:42 -0400
I've just joined the list following the purchase of a 1959 AH Sprite - H
AN5
21026.  A couple of years ago I belonged to the Mini list and found it
to be an
incredible aid during the restoration of a totally rusted out and tired
lbc.  So
I'm back as a lister as I begin work on another tired car.
I found my car in north Toronto (where I live).  It has the original
steering
wheel, tach drive off the dynamo, original side windows, an allegedly
rebuilt
engine, a smooth case transmission (not necessarily a good thing I hear)
and
Cooper air filters.  It also has rotted out seats, a fair bit of rust
(but
apparently sound floors) and a three colour paint job - - bright orange,
pale
blue and grey primer.

I'll need a few things such as the aluminum strips/trim that are along
the edge
of the cockpit above the instrument panel and behind the seats.  Hard to
find?
Next on the list is the heater blower - - I do have the heater core and
box.  In
addition,  I'll be needing the rear light lenses (both sets) and
fixtures/mounts.  Anybody willing to part with these items for a
reasonable
price?

My big dilemma with this car is do I undertake all the body work
myself.  I had
a friend do the welding last time and I tackled the rest.  Mechanical
and
electrical work doesn't bother me but I admit body work is as much an
art as it
is a skill.  Any thoughts about learning to weld with a Bugeye as the
first
test?  Any recommendations on equipment available in Canada?

So .... picture taking begins this weekend so I can remember a year from
now how
everything is supposed to go back together.  And then the engine comes
out.
Thanks and I look forward to being a part of the list.

Donald Mackinnon