Re: New lister

To: "MACKINNON, DONALD" <donald.mackinnon@bell.ca>
Subject: Re: New lister
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 10:29:45 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Donald,

Welcome!

You will find this a very good resource in for owning and maintaining,
and/or modifying your Bugeye. All of the parts you need are readily
available, some through listers, others through parts vendors. There are
many list subscribers from Canada who I would expect with assist you on
questions specific to your country.

You will find the list informative and enjoyable, but some days you can't
take it too seriously as there will be times when a dozen or so messages
will appear on the subject of cats (yes, housecats), or a series of back and
forth insults from two or more subscribers with overflowing testosterone
levels, or on non-LBC (little British car) subjects that happen to be
interest to some listers as well.

Oh, I almost forgot. Don't ever refrain from asking stupid or basic
questions, but be prepared to receive at least one response from "Ed" that
may be difficult to understand, but remember, Ed doesn't own a cat. :-)

If you aren't familiar with the archives, where you can search on keywords
for questions that you have in mind, here is the link:
http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=spridgets

I would also recommend that you join the Austin-Healey Clubs and find live
bodies in your area and purchase the Bentley workshop manual and Haynes
workshop manual as well as a parts manual to aid you in your work. Anything
not contained in these publications will be answered by Frank Clarici (I'm
pretty sure that Frank owns a cat.).

Good luck.

Jay Fishbein
Wallingford, CT