Re: Insurance =) or =(

To: soupweed@hotmail.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Insurance =) or =(
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 14:28:09 EDT
In a message dated 5/31/00 1:06:48 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
soupweed@hotmail.com writes:

<< I have a 58 bugeye in good shape and have full coverage on it with a 500
 deductible on the theft/collision (USAA Insurance.)  They told me that in
 the event that it was stolen they could only give me the blue book value for
 the car.. ok, you can't even get a blue book value for the car or can you?!

 Any suggestions or insurance recommendations?

 I use USAA and they offer an antic coverage, but the told me "SORRY" you do
 not have a locked garage. >>

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear Soup?,

Go to www.nada.com for blue book prices.

 1958 BUGEYE SPRITE MARK I
  Model:   2 Door Roadster
  Weight:   1,316
  Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price:   $1,795
  Low Retail:   $4,475
  Average Retail:   $7,025
  High Retail:   $11,050

As far as insurance, most antique car insurers will require a locked garage.
I have Hagerty and they do.  You can either continue with what you have, move
to a house with a garage, or find a garage for rent in your area.

Good luck,

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget